Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ragi Idli - Shweta


Dear Friends,

This is the first time I'm participating in a recipe Contest. I hope you would like my entry.

Few days back I was looking out for recipes using Ragi flour (source of high quality nutrition) and found this recipe on Internet. I tried it as it is but they were a bit harder than our normal idlis and my baby refused to eat them. I wanted to try something with Ragi flour since it is considered to be very healthy for kids. When my baby doesn't like it, there is no point that I try this again. But I didn't want to give up. This time I tried it again but with a slight variation. I replaced half portion of the Ragi flour with Idli Rava (main ingredient for our contest) and it worked. I prepared this for our dinner yesterday. Since it turned out well, I wanted to share this recipe with you all.

Ingredients:

Idli Rava (By product of Rice) - 1 cup
Ragi flour - 1 cup
Minapappu/Urad daal - 1 cup
Salt
Oil

Preparation method:

1. Soak Idli Rava, Ragi flour and Minapappu separately in water. It's better to soak Minapappu at least for 4 hours. Idli Rava and Ragi flour can be soaked 30 mins before mixing but I prefer to soak them along with Minapappu (Idlis are very soft if you soak even Rava and Ragi flour at least for 4 hours before making the batter).
2. Grind Minapappu to a very smooth paste. Mix the soaked Rava and flour with the paste. Add salt and mix well.
3. Leave this batter overnight for fermentation.
4. Next day grease the idli moulds with oil and pour the batter. Steam it like our normal idlis.
5. Serve them hot with your favorite chutney or Sambar.

Serves: 3
Preparation time: 30mins (for greasing the Idli stand, pouring the batter and steaming  )

Edi maa vaariki chaala nacchindi. He encouraged me to send this recipe for this month’s contest. Thanks to him for taking the pics. Meeku kooda naa ee simple, healthy and delicious recipe nacchithe, please do vote for me. Thanks in advance 

0 comments:

Vari Tho Varieteelu   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP